No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase the chances of winning.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who register at https://websitegiveaway.thequiltedsquirrel.com. The Contest is only open to small businesses and nonprofit organizations located in the eight (8) county area of New York State (Erie, Niagara, Orleans, Wyoming, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Allegany). The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void were prohibited.
If you are entering into this Contest on behalf of a company, organization, or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such an entity to these terms, in which case the terms “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of The Quilted Squirrel, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 1, 2023 at 12:01 am EST and ending December 19, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://websitegiveaway.thequiltedsquirrel.com. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Quilted Squirrel, LLC. You may enter only once per Contest. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Quilted Squirrel, LLC.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a full website redesign valuing no more than $7,500 and free hosting with The Quilted Squirrel, LLC for one (1) year. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by The Quilted Squirrel, LLC. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Any additional or third party costs are the responsibility of the Winner, including but not limited to: domain name registration, SSL certificates, transaction fees, plugin purchases, subscriptions, and professional or stock photography. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Quilted Squirrel, LLC to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Application of Prize Value: If the website project is equivalent to less than $7,500 in service, the organization is not eligible to receive the difference in cash or services equivalent. If the winning organization is in need of a website valued at more than $7,500, they may apply the full $7,500 toward the purchase of the new website, and would be responsible for payment of any remaining balance. For example, if the new website is valued at $12,500, Quilted Squirrel will provide a credit of $7,500, and the organization would be responsible for payment of the balance of $5,000. The winning organization is not obligated to pay any amount over the $7,500 grand prize. Should their website be estimated to cost more than $7,500 they may choose to scale back the project, or complete the balance of the project at a later date, if desired. Finalists who receive $1,000 credit toward marketing services must redeem within 180 days of notification of award; minimum $3,000 purchase is required to redeem $1,000 credit.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected from among five (5) finalists. Finalists will be chosen at the discretion of Quilted Squirrel management. Entries will be judged on the quality of their submission, and the perceived impact a new website would have on the organization or your customers. The community will then vote on the winner via a secure voting system on The Quilted Squirrel, LLC’s website between January 5, 2024 and January 12, 2024 under the supervision of The Quilted Squirrel, LLC. The community is allotted one vote per person, per day. The organization receiving the most votes will be declared the Winner. If the final vote is tied, The Quilted Squirrel, LLC will either determine a winner by random drawing. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection. The Quilted Squirrel, LLC shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. any violation of these official rules by the winner (at The Quilted Squirrel, LLC’s sole discretion) will result in the Winner’s disqualification as Winner of the campaign, and all privileges as Winner will be immediately terminated.
9. Exclusions: Organizations for whom The Quilted Squirrel, LLC has built a new website in the past three years (dating back to January 2020) are not eligible to win. Organizations who currently have an open quote or are already engaged in a website project with The Quilted Squirrel, LLC are not eligible to win.
10. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that The Quilted Squirrel, LLC, anyone acting on behalf of The Quilted Squirrel, LLC, and The Quilted Squirrel, LLC’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
11. Terms & Conditions: The Quilted Squirrel, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The Quilted Squirrel, LLC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such a case, The Quilted Squirrel, LLC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Quilted Squirrel, LLC. The Quilted Squirrel, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Quilted Squirrel, LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Quilted Squirrel, LLC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Quilted Squirrel, LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
13. Disputes: This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of New York. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
The Quilted Squirrel, LLC
6429 West Quaker Street
Orchard Park, NY 14127
15. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is:
The Quilted Squirrel, LLC
6429 West Quaker Street<br/
Orchard Park, NY 14127