On Writing Well…
Do you have a way with words?
Could you make someone cry with your prose?
Could you sell the Brooklyn Bridge to George C. Parker?
Do you enjoy doing research and then writing a compelling video script for a piece of manufacturing equipment that you previously never knew existed?
Could you compose a wildly entertaining blog post for a marketing agency that fancies itself wildly entertaining?
Do you have a grasp on AP Style and grammar/punctuation rules in general? Like, better than all of your friends and relatives?
Do you have a sense of humor?*
*This is important.
If all of this sounds “up your alley,” we’d love to hear from you. The Quilted Squirrel is seeking a full-time copywriter to, well, write copy. As the newest member of our team, you’ll write blog posts (for us and clients), video scripts, radio scripts, print collateral copy, website copy, social media content/posts, compelling headlines, equally compelling sub-heads, and even more compelling calls-to-action. Throw in some brainstorming with the creative team, and it’s a healthy mix of a little bit of everything.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of marketing/advertising copywriting experience
- Agency experience preferred, but not required
- Experience developing campaign concepts
- Equal parts creative and detail-oriented
- Expert communicator (beyond the written word)
- Accredited degree from an institution of higher learning
- Recent college grads may apply only if at least one of your college professors raved about your writing
Desired Qualities Include:
- Smart, again
- Sense of humor
- Don’t mind working as part of a small team (i.e. we’re not a huge agency)
- Money, in exchange for work
- Benefits like IRAs, Profit Sharing and Flexible Scheduling
- Fun clients & fun co-workers
- Opportunity to be yourself
- Opportunity to work independently and as part of a team (cliché, we know, but still true)
- Beer on-tap
- A moderately soft chair
- An extremely hard desk. Wood, in fact.
Send your credentials, salary requirements, and a compelling note about why we should hire you, to [email protected] or 229 Lake Street, Hamburg, NY 14075. Submissions due by Monday, April 29, 5 p.m. EST. Or else.
The Quilted Squirrel, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We also recognize the Treaty of Versailles and support most other modern-era (post 1900) peace treaties.
Sign up for our newsletter...
Give us your email and get our stuff delivered to your inbox. You probably won't regret it.
Thanks for subscribing! You won't be sorry.
Uh oh. Something went wrong.