Sometimes really exciting things happen here. Other days, we all just do our jobs like boring people. This month, we had a whole string of events that could only be described as “exciting.” Like that exciting edge-of-your-seat police chase video we posted a while back on our Facebook page. Don’t watch it if you’re prone to getting over-excited; this was one for the record books, my friends. Here they are, in list form. In the order I remembered them. Hey, you’re the one who wanted to stay up-to-date on what’s happening here.
- We hired 2 new interns! This is exciting. VERY exciting. We got the best interns, so if your company was thinking of hiring interns I would advise you not to bother. With the ones we hired off the market, it’s a recipe for disappointment. They are incredibly talented and have already been submitting great work. They haven’t messed up a single coffee order. (Just kidding. Our interns don’t do that stuff.)
- A TQS friend sent us a new squirrel. A squirrel with a quilt draped around himself. A Quilted Squirrel, if you will. Now we’ll have somewhere to point people who come looking for quilts. Or fabric. It still happens a lot. It’s possible at this point someone is just playing an elaborate trick on us by telling people we’re a quilt shop.
- We ate strawberry shortcake for Steve’s birthday. It was delicious.
- A new partner company sent us a bunch of yo-yos. Yo-yoing ensued. Then more yo-yoing. Some of us cannot yo-yo. Some of us can make it go up and down with an accuracy rate of up to 90%. At least one of us can actually do some yo-yo tricks. If you can correctly place all 8 of us into the proper categories, stop by for a prize. I can’t say what the prize is, but I can say that it’s a toy we just got from a new partner company that not everyone in the office knows how to use. A video exists, and you can watch an excerpt here. The whole video is over 7 minutes long and it’s incredibly boring. Please submit your guesses before watching the video, cheater.
- We signed new clients. We had a lot of meetings. We started and finished projects. In general, we were busy doing work, which is why office antics were more minimal than usual. Because antics don’t pay the bills.
- Once we almost went to Dairy Queen. Then we changed our minds.
- Our gumball machine has been getting more use than it previously has. It’s only at about 50% capacity right now. I’m not sure what lead to the spike, but you can rest assured that a full investigation has been launched.
- We have so much beer here. Please come drink some. It’s the worst problem anyone has ever had.
- A few weeks ago, I (Tess) set off the building alarm when I was the first to arrive in the morning. If any of you were considering trying to break into our building, you have been warned: the alarm works, it’s loud, and you will get caught.
- Steve lost his cool about an ad he saw in Business First. It was really scary.
Nearly a month ago, we held our Grand Opening Open House event right here at the TQS World Headquarters. It was both the reason for our excess of beer and wildly successful. It led to at least one noteworthy article in the Hamburg Sun and many good times had by all. We had a magician. He was magnificent. We had a lot of delicious meats. We opened up a parking-lot patio. Justin Bieber was there. Best of all, we were all there too so you know it was pretty much the best time ever, because we, including JB, are the best people on earth.
Come back soon for an update on some of the recent work we’ve been working so hard on. It’s all very cool, and we’re excited to share it with you. Things are happening!
Sign up for our newsletter...
Give us your email and get our stuff delivered to your inbox. You probably won't regret it.
Thanks for subscribing! You won't be sorry.
Uh oh. Something went wrong.